Join us in the adventures of our family, with our Belarussian Prince, Guatemalan Princessa and Ukrainian Princesses!


Friday, July 24, 2009

Seconds!!

Peek a boo!


A recommendation from the headmaster from Danny's school was to remove his training wheels so he can feel his balance better:


Woo Hoo!!


We had a GREAT sit down with the head master at school to go over his progress with his tutoring and his neuro classes. They have seen such an improvement in his scores in just the month that he has been doing it :) We talked quite a bit about his behaviors and how he has regressed in this past month. Turns out it is easily explained by his testing. He has gone from a 2 digit to a 3 digit already. Which is why we are going through the terrible 2's and 3's lately :)
It also helps us understand why he has such a hard time with his memory and logic. He just does not understand abstract words, like good, bad, safe, not safe, hurt, sad etc. He does not understand that he can not play rough with her or the dogs.
She gave us some great pointers in how to deal with him to help him through this period. This whole process is to help Danny through the processes that he should have gone through but never did because of his developmental delays and orphanage delays. With his testing it is amazing he has learned the phonics that he has. We hope to have him up to a 4 digit by start of school. Now we know why he and Victoria get along so well. :) :)
The really great thing is the head master will be his teacher for 1st grade!!
Thank heavens we have the opportunity to go through this program with Danny!
Can't believe school starts in 3 1/2 weeks!! Both kids are so ready :)

I also had an appointment today with another orthopedic Dr. I wanted to get a second opinion and boy am I glad!!! He agrees that I will need a total hip replacement, BUT he does not want to do it at my YOUNG age :). I am scheduled for a hip scope in 2 1/2 weeks. He will arthroscopically remove the bone spurs and reshape my hip joint. He is pretty sure that I will find quite a bit of relief from my pain and increase my range of motion and gain 4-5 years before I have to do the BIG surgery!!
The best part is that it is done at the surgicenter and I go home same day on crutches! Boy I am praying this is the answer!!
If I can gain a couple of years the kids will be older and it will be easier to do then. I hope to lose about 5 more pounds before the surgery. I have not been following my program for the summer, but just maintaining my weight. This will get me back on track :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your YOUNG age, what, is the doctor 90!

Love ya sister!

Sally-Girl! said...

We just bought a skuuter for Bryson. It is a wooden bike with no pedals. It is supposed to teach kids how to ride a bike without training wheels, but for us it is a bike for Bryson since he probably won't be abel to pedal a bike.

Good news about your hip. I sure hope it works for you. It is for sure worth a shot!!! Can't wait to hear how it turns out. No surgery is fun, but I am sure that will be way better than THR.

Take care!!