Join us in the adventures of our family, with our Belarussian Prince, Guatemalan Princessa and Ukrainian Princesses!


Monday, September 15, 2008

Holy cr*p batman :) :)

So yesterday we played in the backyard, did bubbles and watched football.
During halftime we let the dogs out to do their thing, while we all had potty runs. I heard Maggie barking like crazy and looked out the window to see her jumping around and barking at the fence!? For some reason I decided to head out and see if she had another mole and came across this!

This is a cottonmouth snake! and yes it is poisonous!! I promptly ran into the house and yelled to Dan "snake"!! Luckily Maggie came right back in with me. Dan & I then ran outside (me with my camera, Dan with a shovel)to check it out. It was pretty aggressive and kept opening its mouth up and you could see the bright white mouth.
Dan hit it with the shovel and a gecko popped out of its mouth and ran up the fence! Dan chased the snake down the fence till it went under and into the neighbors yard.
I immediately got on the internet so we could id it and could not believe we had been in the backyard with it!
Scared the heck out of both of us.
The kids are not being let out to play till we check the yard now.
Maggie got lots of treats :) :)
(and I dreamed about snakes last night)


Isn't this just beautiful??
The Dr will put this on me tomorrow while in the OR after my foot surgery.
It weighs about 12 pounds :( I will have to wear it for 3-4 weeks.
The worst part is that I can not shower or bathe till the stitches come out in 2 weeks :(

5 comments:

Diana said...

YIKES on the snake!

Been there, done that on the boot after ankle surgery. So not fun...but I did catch up on all the lost episodes of "The Waltons" since I couldn't walk or even have my foot not elevated for more than 10 minutes for 3 weeks. I'd forgotten how delightful that show is! Really. Seriously. You should watch it. Good luck with your surgery!

Sally-Girl! said...

Okay, we had a snake in our HOUSE last week. I about died. We live in rattlesnack country, see them often. Luckily it was a king snake, but has me totally freaked out walking in our house at night!! I use my cell phone to light up the way!

As a true blogger, I was disappointed in myself that I did not take a picture to capture the evidence of a snake in our living room!

Good luck with your surgery. BTDT with the cast and boot stuff, no fun!!!

Alleen said...

Holy crap is right!!!!! Oh my word....

I hope your surgery goes ok. I have to admit, the no shower things sounds like the absolute worst thing to me....

Anonymous said...

You and Dan are both brave AND lucky! I'm still shivering just thinking about it. UGH!

And Nancy, don't worry about not bathing. Just use lots of Baby Wipes!!! : )

Good luck with the surgery. Keep us posted.

Natalie C. said...

that was one big a$$ snake