Join us in the adventures of our family, with our Belarussian Prince, Guatemalan Princessa and Ukrainian Princesses!


Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Years and back home!!


Grampy started getting a cold on New Years Eve and shoveling with Danny for an hour couldn't have helped any. Dan was dying for a cheese steak so we found a really good place and bought him one. It was right near Grampys work so we bought him some homemade chicken soup and brought it to him at the office. Victoria is finally getting over her cold, still snuffly though. Her sleep hasn't been the best, she wakes up around 3 am having trouble breathing.


Hanging at my sister's house for New Years Eve! Those are my two sisters on the couch! We only made it till 8 and then headed back to my dad's. We convinced him to put a fire on and we all stayed up till about 9 chillin by the fire! Danny had so much fun sledding with his cousins and I could not believe he made it till 9!


If I bend over and hide the chip - no one will know I have it!

New Year's Day was very quiet as we just hung at Grampy's house. Danny had a major meltdown, just too much stimulation for too many days. He also knew we would be saying goodbye to Grammy and Grampy and Nana would be picking us up to head to the hotel at the airport. Our flight is at 5:50 am so we are staying close by.
It also started snowing big huge flakes and Danny wanted to stay and help Grampy with the shoveling. It was so nice to be with family, I really miss being with everyone especially at the holidays.


Hanging with nana at the hotel watching football!


The aftereffects of a Florida boy sledding in the snow for the first time!! Poor thing had rasberries on his forehead, nose, lip, legs and arms!!

We made it on our flight with 20 minutes to spare, luckily there was a Dunkin Donuts right near our gate :) Both kids were great about waking up at 4 am. We had to have the wings de-iced in Boston and then both kids slept on the flight to Cincinnati. We had time to walk to our next gate and it was time to board! In Cincinnati we had to have the whole plane de-iced! The flight went pretty good till the last half hour when Victoria had had enough. We couldn't believe it when the pilot told us it was only 40 degrees in Fort Myers!! WHAT?!?!?!

We were home by 12:30 and by 1:30 everyone was napping! The dogs were so happy to see us and it took them awhile to calm down. Now we just had to get everyone back on schedule!

After I unpacked our bags Danny packed his and said he was going to Grampy's!!

Victoria had a rough first night home, I think it was payback for vacation! She was up crying from 12 till 2!
I hope everyone had a wonderful New Years!
ps - it is still cold here, in the 50's!!

5 comments:

Diana said...

Sounds like you had a great trip! Sleddiing is good for Florida boys, you know! Let's them know what they're missing down there in the land of sunshine!

Kim said...

I'm glad you are back!! My parents are now in Benita Springs until the end of March. I think that
Alex and I are going to be coming down in February. I'll email you when I know for sure!!

Our Family of 5 said...

Sounds like a good trip. Welcome home! Poor little Danny and his face! Ouch!

Alleen said...

It took a few days to get Gabriella back on schedule after our trip too. And we all came back with colds. Gabriella and I are quite the pair with our snotty noses!

Sally-Girl! said...

I guess as a mama of 5 dare devil boys all I can say is none of my girls ever come home looking like that after a day in the snow, but it would be a rare occassion for a boy not to come back with some sort of badge of honor. In fact the other day Kevin, my 19 year old home from college went snowboarding and chipped his two beautiful front teeth! Here's to a great 2008 with all our boys and girls!