Join us in the adventures of our family, with our Belarussian Prince, Guatemalan Princessa and Ukrainian Princesses!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Surgery day!

napping on the plane :)

killing time  :)

doing a puzzle at rmh

entertaining Ms Rasha at dinner

she made a card for Dr vB :) :)
had a great time in the tub!
 she was sound asleep by 8:00. She said she was a bit nervous, but ok :)
5:00 this morning (!!!!!!) I heard her tossing and turning and sighing, so we just got up
She was VERY quiet, very pensive, very nervous. They had no juice at the house so we ran up to DD for coffee and apple juice, which is all she could have till 7:30 am. I put a movie in my computer and we just chilled.
she kept pushing the button and watching the train go round and round and round
 We got to Shriners at 9:00 and they were not ready for us yet so we had to head to the waiting room
Gerri helped unpack new toys - and played with them all :)
 Dr vB came in to talk to another family and she was SO excited to see him , then remembered she had made him a card :) She called him over and hugged him and gave him his card, he was surprised :)
He thanked her and hugged her and said he would see her soon!
After he marked her, she asked to mark him and he let her!!!!!
 The next thing I knew we had a whole bunch of people in our little space and she got really nervous!
The more they stood around and asked questions the more upset she got. She then got her giggle juice and I pulled out the Ipod and started playing lullabies and she calmed down. She was just about asleep when they came in and said it was time to go. I hugged and kissed her and told her we loved her and she started crying :( :(
I went down to the waiting room and about 45 minutes later Dr vB came in and said it went great!! He was actually able to get her feet at +15 degrees!! which means the toes tilt up now and he said it may take her a bit to get used to walking with them that way :)
here she is all doped up still :) she just kept saying "I missed you"
 By 12:30 we were out of the recovery room and since she was still a bit out of it we went up to the cafeteria, I got a salad and she had goldfish and juice.
By 1:00 we were back at rmh :) what a difference from our previous surgery experience!!
watching Sid the science guy :)

look at these babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woo hoo!!!!

making bracelets!! she managed to stay awake the whole day!

fading a bit, eating fritos and watching cake decorating :)

talking to daddy and her brother and sister after dinner :)
We were up in our room by7:30, gave her a dose of motrin and she was snoring by 8:00 :)
what an amazing difference from our past surgery, like night and day!!
We come back in 3 weeks to get the casts off and get her AFO's put on!!
We fly home tomorrow early :)


Sally-Girl! said...

been thinking of ya all day!!! Glad it went well! We will be back there July 31st to August 2nd. No chance that will be your dates too is it?

Tami said...

So glad she did well this time!

Jill said...

So glad to hear it went so well this time around. YAY!!!

Julia said...

I am so glad it went well. I still marvel that you can take pictures!! I get told NO PICTURES every single time I try....

Laura said...

I love the little pink casts! :) Shriners is so awesome.