Join us in the adventures of our family, with our Belarussian Prince, Guatemalan Princessa and Ukrainian Princesses!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

home and updating :)

finally in my room friday night, swollen and so not happy or feeling good.
You can't see my hand holding the pain medication button.

nana and Danny putting pillows under my feet cause my heels were SO sore from being in one spot on the bed

my blown iv on Sunday, no one was happy that the anesthesia student put it inside my elbow, every time I moved my arm it set off the darn alarm. An iv nurse had no problem getting me a good iv in my wrist :)

this is the whole incision! I can't believe how small it is!
darn it though, no more bikinis :) The stitches are dissolvable so I don't have to have them taken out.

turkey, gravy, sweet potatoes and rice pilaf - yum!
and if I didn't call down for a meal I would get a call asking me if I wanted any food :)

Dan and Victoria came to visit Monday after preschool when we thought I was being discharged. Then my blood pressure took a dive again and I got transfused 2 units and it took almost 10 hours!! It was exhausting!

the first bag - see the sun out :)
I was SO happy to be home yesterday. I was so happy to be in my clothes! and in my house. The nurse was great about getting me to take a pain pill before I left the hospital knowing I would overdue it.  I was in bed last night at 8:00 but kept waking up. My nurse did not bring me my tylenol early this morning (he was snoring!) so I got out of bed at 5:30, took some tylenol and sat up in the sofa.
My PT visiting nurse came by to meet me, check out the house, watch me walk and take vitals. She was really nice and Victoria was totally showing off :)
She wants me up and walking every hour. She was very happy with my range of motion. My right thigh is swollen and is 6 inches bigger around than my left thigh. The skin is tight and sore. I don't even think I have any real bone pain, I am not sure. My blood pressure is low again and she wants me to monitor it. She also told me to not be a martyr and take the pain meds as needed since it is only 6 days out of surgery. My gait is off since my right leg feels longer, but she says as the swelling goes down it will get better. She also said I am turning my leg out, which is just how I was used to walking for so long because of the pain.
She is coming back tomorrow to check on me again and the visiting nurse will also be out to do a blood draw.
I can't imagine how stir crazy I am going to get after weeks at home!!
I am off to bed (and I am taking a pain pill before bed!)
Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's no place like home, is there? So glad you're out of the hospital and on the mend. Take whatever time your body needs to heal, rest, and be good to yourself!

Best wishes from
Susan in Ky
Cousin to 2 from EE