Join us in the adventures of our family, with our Belarussian Prince, Guatemalan Princessa and Ukrainian Princesses!


Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Back to School!

This is how our day started :) Danny reached for the gate latch and touched this!!
Talk about a scream heard around the world!!

The kids were SO happy to be back at school, especially since they were showing off their new sister :)
Danny ran inside to get his favorite teacher, Ms Dee. She came right over to her to hug and kiss her.
Gerri loved seeing the school and loved being there. Danny had to run off to music with his class. So many wonderful friends came up to say hi. Gerri didn't know what to think!
We then went into Victoria's class and we let Gerri get on the floor. She LOVED it!
She loved all the toys and puzzles.

She was very unhappy when she realized she was not staying :(
I ran into the office and talked to the office manager.
We signed Gerri up to start in Victoria's class on Friday!!
They spend lots of time on the floor and playing so she will love it.
Her teacher is so excited!
Once she outgrows it we will move her up to Prek 4.
We are planning on her starting Kindegarten in the fall.
Watching a movie on the way home

We went shopping at Walmart and she kept asking how much longer to get Victoria. :)
We got there just as the kids were finishing lunch.
This time I made sure I had my camera.
Ms Dee was happy to show Gerri the fish

Victoria got to show off at the playground

Gerri got to swing for the first time!

Big brother had to come over to help

Little sis showing big sis how to feed the fish

Dressed in matching bathing suits :)

I learned my lesson yesterday and bought Gerri her own floatie in a different color

Loving on Ginger

Finishing off juices

First time in the play fort

First time in the grass

In their new princess pj's
I learned a very valuable lesson today. Even though Victoria has tons of clothes I have to buy her the same as Gerri or it is not pretty! I don't know what I was thinking.
Gerri has started liking cold drinks, we give her water all day and she loves it.
She had her first cold milk and didn't love it, but didn't hate it either.
Every night she and Victoria have a desert of a banana!!

6 comments:

Mona Hutchins said...

what an awesome day! your home and homelife is 100%suited for children and Gerri was born to be a part of it! You are to be so proud of all that you do! what happy kids! Wonderful school!

Kristin Ferguson said...

So great that Geri is adjusting so well and so eager to learn and try new things. Is she speaking mostly in Russian?

Kristin

wordgardener said...

Wow your story reads like a Happily Ever After movie! I love reading about life at home as much as I loved reading about life in Ukraine...You are a groovy person Nancy Thornell! love ya, Cathy

PS Shelly said you have an orphanage list...do you know where AND is? Dniprotesk I think is the town. But wondered if you have details.

Jodi said...

Hey Nancy!
What IS that in the top picture??

Gerri fits in like she was meant to be a Thornell! Which I believe she was :)

Anonymous said...

I just love reading your blog. I must say I am hooked. I would give anything to meet Gerri. I feel like I know her just by keeping up with your website. My friend is currently going through Reece's Rainbow to adopt Duncan. They are waiting on their travel date as we speak. You can view their blog at http://www.duncanhope4ahome.blogspot.com/. Take care and may god bless you!

Mel said...

I love reading about Gerri and how you are all doing!! How is her English coming along??