Join us in the adventures of our family, with our Belarussian Prince, Guatemalan Princessa and Ukrainian Princesses!


Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter!

Last night we went to bed around 9:00. Danny fell asleep immediately.
I lay down with Victoria and Dan with Gerri. We put the music on and lay down for 15-20 minutes.
Dan & I went downstairs after kisses and hugs. About 15 minutes later we heard the pitter patter of little feet. I went upstairs and found their door shut and the light on. When I opened the door Victoria was showing Gerri all her special toys, her dolls, stuffed animals and princess pillows. I told them it was time for bed and shut the light off and put the music back on. I lay down with Victoria and Gerri was asleep in about 2 minutes. Victoria wanted to talk a little bit :) She asked me to never go on vacation again without her :)
I told her mommy was not on vacation, but promised not to do it again :)
The next thing I knew Dan was tapping me on my shoulder and told me he got worried cause I had been gone over an hour!!
I woke up this morning around 5 and just had to get up. That was the best nights sleep in a long time!!  It was so wonderful to take a nice shower and have a large cup of coffee!
Danny was the first up at 7:00.
Danny discovers what the Easter Bunny left :)

The girls slept till 8:00 am :) We heard the little voices and Victoria had woken up Gerri and they were deciding what to wear :)
Both girls were so happy to see what the Easter Bunny left.
We put up baby gates around the dining room since Gerri is absolutely petrified of the dogs!
I guess the pictures were one thing, but having them in the house near her is another thing entirely.

We decided to go out in the sun shine:)

When the battery died in the jeep we went to plan B :)

We decided it was time for a quick trip to the outside world.
We had lunch at Mcd's. Gerri first time. She ate one chicken nugget and some fries. She has not had any chicken so we were happy she ate the one. She definately needs protein. The kids all got the same toy so it made it easy.
We then hit the grocery store!
Victoria finally got her wish to sit next to Gerri in the cart!

When we got home it was time for Victoria to nap. So I laid down with her.
I had Maggie and Lexie in the room with me.
I then headed back out once ms V was asleep, but left Maggie and Lexie in the bedroom and put Gerri and Danny in the living room: 
Do you notice what is a couple feet away to the right?

They had a lot of fun, language was not an issue.

Once Victoria was up we decided to try out the hot tub.
Gerri did not know what to think at first. She had a hard time with her balance too.
But quickly figured it out. Before she knew it she was floating in the center kicking both legs!!!!
She held onto the side and walked around and around. She finally got her legs under her and felt much more comfortable.

They got dressed for Easter Dinner with Nana!!



I didn't take any pics of dinner with nana :( My camera battery died.
But all the kids ate well: ham, baked beans, applesauce and bread.
Dessert was her infamous lamb cake.
The girls took their first tubby together, both had a ball!!
Danny then had his tubby while nana read some books.
I sat in a side chair and had Lexie sitting next to me while we watched tv.
I kept patting her and she kept licking me.
Gerri was just fascinated.

Danny went to bed around 8:00 and I went up with the girls about 10 minutes later.
Once again I did lights out, music on and laid down with Victoria after hugs and kisses.
Gerri was asleep in 2 minutes again!!
Ms V wanted to talk, hug, just touch me :)
After about 15 minutes I told her she needed to be quiet and rolled over.
The next thing I knew Dan was tapping me on the shoulder :) :)

11 comments:

MoonDog said...

danny and gerri sveta look like twins! seriously! scary! they are all so darling! I wish you lived closer! hoping to have my dossier done this week!

Anonymous said...

So happy you're already home! The kids looks like they've love each other already! Your girls are so beautiful that I think Danny is going to have a lot of work keeping the boys away from them ;)
Oh, and I agree wit MoonDog, Gerry and Danny look like twins! Specially in the picture they're on bed.

The Sanchez Family said...

What a wonderful happy family and look how amazing she is adjusting. Just WONDERFUL!!!!

Mona Hutchins said...

I have a HUGE smile on my face after reading your post!!!! Gerri is in absolute girl heaven and your family is awesome!!! you all deserve each other!!!!! The love you all feel is so evident; you rock girl!

babyarnie said...

I'm in tears just remembering where she was just a few days ago. Talk about heaven!! So glad you guys are home.

Jo's Corner said...

Kinda freaky, but I thought the same thing about how Danny & Gerri look like twins! Did Danny lose a tooth while you were gone? Now you have two little snaggle-tooth munchkins! I have to say that your little Victoria is just stunning! She just has this Precious spirit that radiates for all the world to see. I laughed when I read about the sister "bonding" time they has after you had them tucked in!
You know, Nan, that your Blogging is excellent and I felt like I was with you during that whole trip. It certainly showed me who you really are and that you are an Awesome Mommy for those 3 babies of yours! I admire both You and Dan for making a decision THREE times, to bring those children into your homes and lives. You're a Special couple.
I keep thinking of all of the "firsts" for Gerri and it's really exciting. Like getting her ears pierced. And, picking out lots of cute matching outfits for the girls. How did Gerri like her new bedroom? And, have the girls ended up in bed together yet? Oh, I have a million questions!!! But, I'll save them for later. And, now you can give all 3 of the kids a Kiss and a Big Hug from "Auntie Jo" in Minnesota! ;)
Well, my Friend, take care of yourself. I'm so HAPPY that you are safely at home and that your family is ALL together!!
Hugs ~ JO

Sarah B said...

I found Reece's Rainbow about 1 year ago and was floored by the great need of families for these children. I am a young woman still in college and have known for a long time that adopting a child is part of my calling. Following your family story has been an amazing blessing because it helped confirm my conviction.
Thank you so much for all the love you have to give and for the God sent inspiration.
God's Blessings from San Francisco, CA

Maria and Family said...

I am so happy for you, you guys seem to be settling in nicely. Happy to see the kids are bonding well :) and yes, your older too DO look so much alike !!

Christy said...

It is so good to see her home enjoying her new family! Glad you made it home safely! :)

Shelley said...

My "joy fix" every morning is reading your blog! It just makes my heart sing to see your children together, and Gerri being knit into a loving family. I keep dragging my boys and husband over to the computer and telling them the story. I know there will be challenges along the way, but God's blessing is resting on your family, and will enable you to meet every one! Thank you so much for allowing me to travel with you.
In Him with whom all things are possible,
Shelley

Anonymous said...

so beautiful to see your kids together!!