Join us in the adventures of our family, with our Belarussian Prince, Guatemalan Princessa and Ukrainian Princesses!


Sunday, April 4, 2010

We are Home!!!!

Here we are in Kiev getting some yoghurt and expresso. It is about 5:00 am :)

Eating her candy necklace :)


Thank heavens for the extra set of hands!! We had to take a bus to the plane/
Thank you Jodi and Rich.

As the plane took off I told her Paka Ukraina! She kept saying it while waving out the window!!
It was SO cute!

Paka Ukraina!


Once aboard the plane I gave Gerri her travel backpack!! She loved it!

Here she is with a sticker book the airline gave her.

Ms America on the way!


Here she is eating yoghurt in Munich!!

Here is my meal!! This cappucino was well worth how expensive it was!!!

She slept about 3 hours of the 9.5 hour flight to Charlotte, NC.
She was great and only cried a little bit when she was fighitn staying awake. 
She loved the movies and music. She couldn't understand so she just took her head phones off and watched the cartoons!!

Getting through immigration was pretty easy. I knew how tired she was, but she never complained!

Chillin out in Charlotte till we can get on the flight to Jax!!

This is for you Jodi!! My first purchase in Charlotte!!!
I could not wait to open and drink it.

She fell asleep before we even took off for home!
She slept the whole way home!!

When the pilot announced that we had landed in Jax and if you lived here "welcome home"! I just started crying!!
When we came around the corner and I saw the whole family waiting I just started crying and could not stop! Which started everyone else :)
Precious!!

Walking to the car holding hands :)

Our babies in the car together at last!


Thanks heavens the nana Easter Bunny was here :)

We were all asleep by 9:00!!
Man did it feel good!

22 comments:

Sarah said...

yes! i love it!! so good to see the pics of her home with her brother and sister! so sweet!! we got home last night and i'm pretty tired after being awake for 48 hours...slept last night for about 8 hours but still exhausted! Any tips for the trip home with Zoya? LOL

Kisha said...

Awweee, I love the pics, they made me all teary eyed. I'm glad you all made it home safe and sound. The kids are all beautiful.

Diana said...

Congratulations! Easter Blessings don't get better than that! May you now be blessed with a smooth transition and attachment process.

Anonymous said...

Wow, surprised me to see how tender I am about YOUR journey..bawled through the whole post. Welcome home sweet friend. Welcome home. Please know that your journey makes it easier for those coming behind you. Your documentation is remarkable. Love from Cathy Bachman

Kristin Ferguson said...

Welcome Home! And Yes! Paka Ukraine!!! I know you will always remember your time there but Thank God you're home with your daughter and reunited with your family!!

Get some rest!
Kristin

Meryl said...

You did it!!!!! I'm so proud of you. Hope Gerri is loving it. Danny and Victoria must be thrilled you are home. I know Dan is too. Talk to you soon.

ErinL said...

Welcome Home! It's been a joy to follow your journey!

amyl4 said...

Welcome Home! Thank you for letting me follow your adoption journey to bring your little princess home!
Amy

Sally-Girl! said...

Happy Easter to your beautiful family at home!!!!!

Lyndi said...

No matter how many journeys I follow, the I'm home post always gets me crying. It just never gets old seeing these angels come home to their forver families. Thank you so much for allowing me to follow your journey!

- K - said...

I am so happy for you all! It must feel wonderful to be home! Happy Easter!

Jo's Corner said...

happy~happy~happeeee~
I love that you are together as a whole family! I cried too at the photos. I have to say that the Welcome Home Gerri sign was just too Sweet! When I enlarged it I saw that the kids had put some of their own "treasures" out for Gerri. Like the lone dice and a little soldier, but I love the two pennies!! Somebody had to put "their two cents in"! ; )
Nan, you made this Journey spectacular! I love your sense of humor and just your whole outlook on life! Gotta say I love You, too! I am GLAD you are home! Looking forward to watching your family bond and to see Miss America...uh, I mean Gerri, grow into all that she is meant to be! Congrats! Hugs ~ JO

Tami said...

Nancy,
Thank you so much for this wonderful look into your journey! You have made it much easier for those of us who will go after you! So glad to see you at home with your family at last, can't wait to watch the bond grow between you all!
Love and hugs,
Tami :)

Jodi said...

we're home too Nanc! we almost caught you before you walked out to the plane, but you didn't see us, of course Rich had to go looking for a pop so it screwed up our saying goodbye to you both! He was in TROUBLE for that. I have a picture of your plane flying off to america in the clouds...I'll post it later. Glad you guys are I'm glad to be home too, but I miss Ukraine. I really love it there. Oh, and YES my stella made it home in one peice, but we are missing one big suitcase that didn't make it home. Hope we get it back. Talk soon.....Jodi

Aimee said...

Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful experience with me. I can not wait to go get Duncan. You have helped prepare me for my wonderful journey. I hope my blog is as good as yours when I go to the Ukraine I felt like I was with you every step of the way. I hope someday we can all meet. HAPPY EASTER TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY :)

Steven and Lea Ann Post said...

MANY CONGRATULATIONS - How wonderful to be home for Easter and the family can be all together! Many blessing to you and your family as you start your new life together with your little Princess Sveta.

Maria and Family said...

So happy you are back home in florida as a family !!! Thanks for letting me follow along on your journey , gerri is just plain beautiful :)

junglemama said...

Happy Easter! Welcome home too!

Mona Hutchins said...

Happy Easter! Thank you for allowing me to follow your journey! What a heartwarming sight to see Gerri Sveta holding hands with her sister and her brother pushing. She will surely flourish with all the love your family has to give. God bless you all and keep blogging! My prayers are with you all!

Cindy said...

What precious, glorious pictures of the whole family finally together!!! I'm smiling thru tears of happiness for you!!!! I'm so glad that you both are home now safe and sound where you belong!!!! I won't be too far behind you! Can't believe you were sitting in Charlotte so close to my home!!! Made me homesick just to know it!!! Will be there soon! Get some well deserved rest if you can! LOL Will stay in touch and let you know how it's unfolding from here! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you and Gerri Sveta made it home safely. Such a tender moment for your WHOLE family to be united. Praying your transition home will be smooth! Kim L

Kelly said...

TEARS! I am so happy you are home! Does Gerri never NOT smile??? :)