Join us in the adventures of our family, with our Belarussian Prince, Guatemalan Princessa and Ukrainian Princesses!


Friday, April 2, 2010

Guess what we have!!

All ready to go to the medical clinic!

Here we are all lined up in the hallway. Since there were three families we each saw different doctors.
I think Logan and Gerri Sveta just might be an item :)

I had forgotten to post yesterday in all the craziness:
We got her passport at 4 pm and then ran to the oprhanage to get them out!

Here she is acting like an american! All plugged in and watching Barn*y
I don't know how we got out so fast. The doctor did not ask me any questions, he asked Gerri Sveta and she answered them all!! It was so darn cute! They did height, weight, stripped her down, listened to her heart and lungs. Had her lift her arms and legs, felt her belly and checked her scar :)
We then gathered the troops and headed to the US Embassy.
We got there at 12:00 and I had to carry her as no strollers are allowed!
We were first up to the window and I got to meet the infamous Ms Lilya that helped us with our paperwork issue last week!! She asked me to wait a little bit and she would ask the council officer to meet with me.
We all headed down to the play area and I decided to let Gerri Sveta sit on a little kids chair at a table. The kids played great together! Some started playing on the floor so I asked her if she wanted to sit there and she did! Before long she was rolling all over the place, scooting and army crawling!! Being on the floor or ground is a really big no no at the orphanage and all the kids LOVED it!
I got called to meet with the officer, took the oath, signed my name and was told my visa should be ready in about 30 minutes!! One by one the families did the same.
The only problem was that we thought we were just going to drop off paperwork and then eat lunch while they processed it!  So kids were getting tired and hungry.
By 2:30 we were all done, visas in hand.
Here is what the immigration packet looks like. This is what you give to the first immigration officer you see once you hit the US!! And DON'T open it what ever you do!

Here is the all important VISA!!
This is what allows her into the US as an immigrant

Since we were all starving by now we decided to do a big early dinner at TGIFriday's.
It was so nice to walk in and hear English!! Many of us had cheeseburger's and fries.
I would have taken a picture for you all, but I was so hungry I ate it right up!!
Gerri Sveta ate half a quesadilla with cheese, ham and tomato. For every bite she got one of my fries :)

Her dad will have competition for the clicky!!
We called the house to say hi and let them know we would definately be on the plane tomorrow am!!
only hubby was home, but she LOVED seeing him on the video call!! She kept telling him she loved him!! See him tomorrow! and don't forget her brother and sister! She was just amazed that she would wave and blow kisses at him and he would do it back! She was also very excited to see one of the dogs there too :)

Since late lunch was so big I splurged and made chicken noodle ramen soup for dinner :)
Each packet was about 1 hua which is about 12 cents :)
She kept telling me how much she loved it!
She is just loving being able to eat sitting up, especially at a table :)

I thought a good way to wind down would be a bath and she was so happy!!
She obviously isn't used to playing in it, but loved it when I gave her my plastic coffee cup.

She was having so much fun I was able to get everthing packed for tomorrow :)

She was one tired out little girl! I told her she needed to go to bed cause we have a very long day tomorrow. She told me didn't want to. I turned the lights out and starting playing the lullabies on my computer and she was out cold in less than 5 minutes!


We get picked up by the taxi at 4:10 tomorrow am!! Our flight leaves Kiev at 6:45. How cool that Jodi and Rich were able to get tickets out tomorrow and we fly the first leg together!!!
We are also hoping to meet up with Sarah and Shawn as they are headed home for their 10 day court wait! Their flight is an hour before ours, but if security isn't bad we may get to meet in person!!
A mini Reece's Rainbow reunion!!
Paka for now!

10 comments:

Emi said...

I just realized that she was born on Christmas Day.. A beautiful Christmas present from God, dont you think? ;) Congratulations on your new girl, i've followed your trip and i can't wait to see her home with her brother and sister!!

Kisha said...

Oh Nancy that is so exciting!!!! What a sweet girl you have there, I bet your kids and hubby can't wait to snuggle her. Congrats.

MoonDog said...

cant wait to see her at home with teh fam. she is so gorgous. what a doll.

Melissa said...

I'm sitting here all teary eyed at the thought that she is busted out of that orphanage and actually with you as Mom and Daughter! Woohoo! :)

Sally-Girl! said...

You are almost home!!!!! I am so excited for you!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats Thornells! Cant wait to read the next post! Travel safe!

Meryl said...

As I write this I realize you may even be home by now. Wow. I'll keep reading and hopefully talk live with you in the next weeks. Reading your blog brought back memories to no end. I remember the first bath in the hotel, the first meal in a restaurant which aside from the hotel, was also Friday's. Kisses to all the Thornells!

The Adoption Journey of Baby King said...

Congratulations! How wonderful. I always loved getting the my kids away from the foster parents and into my hands to let them do as I wanted them to. I Guatemala they held them so much they hated tummy time. I loved getting them on the floor playing with me.

Safe journeys home and praying for smooth adjustments all around.

junglemama said...

Congrats! We also have a duaghter born on Christmas day! All of your pictures brought back so many memories! Thanks for sharing. I forgot-- does Sveta have SB?

orphans4me said...

Hallelujah!!! What wonderful posts!
Joy,RR