Join us in the adventures of our family, with our Belarussian Prince, Guatemalan Princessa and Ukrainian Princesses!


Friday, April 2, 2010

We are in Kiev!!!

Sitting around at the bank to transfer the childrens funds to the orphanage. The bank teller was not happy to have 4 families to do!
We were there for almost 2 hours!!

One last look at Sveta's world: the 2 on the left of the corner and the 2 to the right upstairs

The happy families wall

The other happy families wall

We dropped off the champagne and chocolate to the Director and staff.

Gerri Sveta's get out of jail free card!!!!!

When I got upstairs they were ready! Everyone was there. She was quickly whisked into the bedroom and they started stripping her. I had to dump my bag of clothes to get to her undies and tights!! She LOVED her pink clothes!

Several workers gave hugs and loving

Gerri Sveta's best friend :)

One last hug from her favorite worker and her daughter! They gave her a pretty doll!

Giving her Marina a hug :)
She told Marina that once she found homes for all the boys and girls could she please come live with us in America!!! How sweet is that! She totally gets it!

Chillin out in the hotel - a little stunned

At our favorite buffet place, she ate borscht and drank juice

The Webb family photo!!

Gerri Sveta liked my coke light

Waiting for the train

Our train to Kiev

She loved playing with the suitcase :)

The Tinkerbell pj's were a big hit!

We visited with the Webbs for a bit

First look at an ipod touch!!

Listening to music!

Mama was happy :) :)

Night sweet princess!!!

She woke up once at 11:30 and whispered she had to pee, then thought it was time to get up. She talked to herself for about 3 minutes and that was it till I woke her up at 6:00!

Sergey picked us up at the train station at 6:15 and we ran through the train station to our van and onto our apartments. We are all spread out over Kiev. I am lucky that I have the same apartment since I needed the elevator for Sveta's stroller. I will say how very happy I am I bought the stroller!! It was a life saver yesterday and today. We had granola bars, yoghurt and an orange for breakfast. I took a quick shower since I only had a couple of hours sleep again. (Gerri Sveta snores)

We are getting ready to head out to get the van to take us to the medical clinic and then onto the Embassy!!!
It is so surreal to have her with me :)

13 comments:

Tami said...

OMG! YOU DID IT!
I can't wait to go!

The Sanchez Family said...

Chills! SO amazing to see her just adjusting to being a member of your family. She is such a great little girl!

Meryl said...

I'm so proud of you and thrilled for Sveta! You did it....

Molly said...

YAYYYYYYYYYY! Forever family!!

Molly said...

So, this might be a stupid question, but how did you get to travel without your hubby? Hope that's ok to ask, but I've just been wondering!

I'm SO excited to see Geri Sveta meet her new family!!! It's going to be great! I especially can't wait to see Victoria and Geri!!!

Charissa said...

What a beautiful love story! Thank you for letting us all be a part of it. :)

Christy said...

Yay!!! You are almost home! So excited for you both!

Aimee said...

I am so happy for both of you I can't believe how brave you are, you did this all by yourself well not really you had the Lord with you and I guess that is all you need:) You are a real inspiration hope you have a safe trip home.

Jo's Corner said...

She LOOKS like a new girl! Such a difference from the sad, pale little girl we all met 2 weeks ago. I love her beautiful long hair and that you let it hang down. CONGRATS!!
Big Hugs and a Kiss on the cheek for Sweet Gerri!
Love ~ "Auntie" Jo

Kristin Ferguson said...

Woo hooey! You're almost home! Are you going to smuggle any of that "special" happy juice home? :)

So, I'm assuming they stripped her because she's not allowed to leave the orphanage with "their" clothes? I still wish I knew what size Nadia was so I don't bring all of the wrong stuff. :(

Thanks again for sharing so much of your adventure with us. It has definitely given me a greater excitement and comfort level for getting over there!

Kristin

Maria and Family said...

SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU !!!! WHAT A JOURNEY :) :)

Mel said...

I have goosebumps reading your post!! I'm so happy for you and your family!! I can't wait to hear all about your trip home and the first meeting with the rest of the family!!

Melissa said...

OMG, what she said to Marina! Wow! I really think God has big plans for this little girl. She is just too precious.