Join us in the adventures of our family, with our Belarussian Prince, Guatemalan Princessa and Ukrainian Princesses!


Sunday, March 28, 2010

An Awesome dessert!!

I had to break down and go potty at the orphanage!!
I have managed to avoid this the last 3 weeks :)
Here it is and now you know why!!
Luckily tomorrow is laundry day :) :)

Here is the wonderful nurse that took care of Sveta after her hip surgery in September!!!
She speaks a little English and we were able to talk quite a bit.


She said that every day she and Sveta would pray to god for a mama and papa for Sveta.
She asked if we would be able to fix her hip and feet and I told her we would do everything we could. She hugged me, told me she loved us and started crying!! Luckily Sveta was totally engrossed in her banana.
See her cheek??

She LOVES my glitter chapstick

Kiss perfect!

We decided to take a little trip with Alexander: We got to see the dam up close!
We actually went over it!

Jim, the history teacher, was so excited to see the memorial park for Lenin:

What an amazing park!
At the base of the statue is the working man that the country was built on!

This is a picture of Lenin Avenue - It runs from one end of the town to the other, 24 kilometers!

This is the memorial to the Afghanistan War, 300 lost from this small town.

We went back to our wonderful italian restaurant. This is one side of the restaurant

And this is the other side:
You can eat either italian or japanese food on either side.

I actually had a cappucino after my spaghetti bolognese - it was delish!!

This is what Robin and I had for dessert!!!!
Words just can not describe how delicious it was!!
Jim had to order one for himself!

Prayers for good news tomorrow!!!

3 comments:

Kristin Ferguson said...

Sveta seems like she has had very good care from the workers and nurses--I know that must warm your Momma's heart!!

I can't wait to order that dessert when we're over there and I ain't sharin' it with anyone. ha ha

Kristin

Anonymous said...

How nice that the nurse took good care of Sveta. Their prayers were ansewered and now Sveta has a mum and a dad! Praying for good new tomorrow!

Maria and Family said...

I love seeing how well she has been cared for. I ache for sweet taya that has ds..she is in the same orphanage and sadly they do not take very good care of her :( praying you will be on your home very very soon.