Join us in the adventures of our family, with our Belarussian Prince, Guatemalan Princessa and Ukrainian Princesses!


Saturday, March 13, 2010

Prayers Needed!

Today we headed over to the orphanage so I could visit and Serge and Marina could get some papers done.
I was able to deliver a photo album to little Ari's caretaker. I did not get to see him as his groupa was napping :( but the caretaker was very happy to take it and said she would sit with him and go over it. She said he would be very happyy to see mama and papa again. Marina also told her to tell him that mama and papa will be here very soon :)
So from there we went to see Svetlana, as soon as we walked into the infirmary we could see her little head bopping around looking to see if it was us!
She had the biggest smile on her face.
Marina and the nurse were talking furiously, obviously something urgent.
Marina turned to me and explained that there is a very sick child in the infirmary and they are not supposed to allow us in there at all.
So long story short I have to wait till she is back in her groupa on Wednesday for me to be able to visit again. I am sad, yet so happy that this happened while Marina was there! They let us talk to Sveta through the glass window and explain to her what was going on so she would understand that I am not allowed to visit right now, but am still here and will be allowed to see her when she is back in her groupa.
The nurse let me give her a stuffed dog that I had and she was SO happy!!
She hugged and kissed it and said its name in Beethoven!
I told her I loved her and sent hugs and kisses!!
She giggled and threw kisses right back!
Marina explained to her that her new family speaks English and that I speak a little bit of Russian and that we need to teach each other how to speak. She laughed and smiled and said Da!
Here is a pic of her with her dog:

Here she is blowing kisses!
As we were leaving the orphanage Marina whispered to me that the sick child is dying and that is why they don't want people in and out!!
Please say prayers for this little one that is dying without a mama and papa!
This is just so sad.

9 comments:

Glenna said...

Hi Nancy! I've been following your progress on fb but figured I ought to read your blog. It's been a while. Talked to your mom a few days ago. It's been great hearing about Sveta! We're thinking about you and the family, soon to be larger! Love you guys!

Glenna and Gerry

Cindy said...

I'm praying right now - that's the stuff your heart just can't harly take. I'm sorry that's happening.

Sveta looks so cute!!! That "bahgan" puppy was truly a bargain huh??? Beethoven - LOVE IT!!

Sally-Girl! said...

I am so sorry to wake up to this post. I can't imagine the heaviness that must be on your heart right now. This too shall pass!

Tami said...

Oh, that poor baby...all alone! My heart is just breaking over here. Praying for peace for the little one...

Jodi said...

ok, so the dog isn't huge...must have been a close up picture.. ha ha ha very cute that she named it Beethoven :) it's something you should put in a memory box for her... and that dress! you HAVE to get that dress from them!! Buy another one to swap!

June Berger said...

Praying that God's loving arms would be felt by the little angel dying without a family. :o( Soon he/she will be in the loving arms of his Eternal Father and will suffer no more. Praying for all the children and caretakers that will be affected by this loss.

Praising God that you got to see your little one, even though you couldn't hold her. She seemed very happy in the pics with her new doggie. Praying she will be in your arms Wens.

Christy said...

I'm so sorry that you are not able to visit and for such a tragic reason. Prayers for the little one whose wait is almost over. It is so sad that there are children around the world that never know the love of a family.

Charissa said...

That is so hard to hear. Jesus please surround that little girl or boy with your presence and love.

Maria and Family said...

That is so very heartbreaking. I will say a pray for this sweet child. Hope your visits are back on soon. Any chance you have seen sweet Taya ? I just love her :)
Maria (rr)