Join us in the adventures of our family, with our Belarussian Prince, Guatemalan Princessa and Ukrainian Princesses!


Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A day to chill (Literally)

Last night I was asleep (passed out) by 8:30!! I managed to sleep all the way till 1:00 was awake for about 45 minutes. Decided it was a good time to plug in my cell phone with the surge protector. Promptly popped the breaker, couldn't figure out why I couldn't charge my phone or computer so decided to go back to sleep. I slept till 6:30 this am and felt like a new person. I realized what I did with the surge protector and found the breaker box and flipped the switch and all was well in the apartment.
Here are the guys looking out the window:

Nice view from the 15th floor :)

The alley behind the apartment building. I don't go out this way.
That is actually a playground on the right.

Here is my landmark in front of my building. I took a picture in case I got lost!
It is a library.

Here is my landmark from my walk this am. I took a picture so I knew to look for it and then take a right when I got to it and then up the LONG hill to the apartment.
I walked all around for about an hour looking for someone selling phone minutes.  No luck at all, but did find TGIFridays and the cafe we ate at when we were here in 2005.
It was so weird being here again and being here alone.
By the time I got back to my room my face was frozen!
Lunch was chicken noodle soup, coke light and pnut butter from home :)
Nikolai was nice enough to buy me a card with minutes on it and then put it on my phone. He is so cute!
I took the opportunity to run down to the store to buy a few more things (beer, crackers, chocolate, cookies, coffee, and macaroni) I remembered this time to bring my plastic bag so I did not have to pay for another one :) :)
I met another american family in the store. They have been here 5 weeks and just picked up the visa and are going home tomorrow. They said they had not seen any other americans the whole time they were here.
The dad said he was going to kiss the jersey ground when they landed :)
Serge called to tell me that he will be here to get me at 9 in the morning for my 10 am appt at the adoption center. If you happen to be up :) please pray for a good quick referral.
I am back in the room for the night, waiting on hubby to messenger me so we can talk!!
Poor babies - they spent yesterday in the rain forest on zip lines, swimming and having a barbeque.....

9 comments:

Jodi said...

It's going to feel so weird for me when you're in Zap. I can see some big time blues coming on.

Yes, I'm feeling sorry for myself today :(

Will say prayers for tomorrow for your SDA, I'm sure it will be quick and just fine!

J~

Diana said...

Wow. I've often said I'd rather eat raw hamburger and shave my legs with a spoon every day for the rest of my life than ever go back, but you know what? I'm actually feeling a little "homesick" for the place after reading your posts and seeing your pictures. It's kind of tripping me out. Hmmm...maybe those old wounds really are healing after all!

On the other hand, I can TOTALLY relate to the American family you met...except we were nearly 6 weeks and had ZERO internet access the entire time we were there. The only contact we had with Americans was the two times we were able to go to church and talk with the missionaries. We were also way far west (almost to Poland) in the mountain area. Pretty country, but it was freaking in the middle of nowhere!

Kristin Ferguson said...

Thanks again for all of the awesome pictures and updates you're sending. It is getting me excited for our upcoming trip. I will definitely be praying for that SDA appointment to be quick and painless! :)

Kristin

Lisa said...

Beer, crackers, chocolate, cookies, coffee, and macaroni...you are cracking me up...you've got all the important stuff covered :)!!

Here's to a quick and easy SDA referral! Thank you so much for updating your blog and for all of the pictures!

Steven and Lea Ann Post said...

Awesome pictures!
I am reliving the experience right now, but we were only in the apartment a little over a day. So glad you made it and found the right things at the store, the chocolate is amazing!
Wishing you a good experience at the SDA tomorrow!

Sarah said...

LOVE IT! I am loving your updates and will pray hard for an easy SDA apt. If you're bored read my blog....i had a preeeeety interesting day myself! 2 days to go for us!!

Meryl said...

Is the Italian place the same one we ate at? I still can't believe you are there... I'll be reading your blog...... I promise
Meryl

Tami said...

Sounds pretty tame so far...I'll probably be up while you're at the SDA (I'm an insomniac), so I'll be thinking of you.

Jodi said...

You should be getting up soon, and I'm going to bed soon...
Thinking about you~ wishing we were there too.
Saying prayers for you!!!

J~