Join us in the adventures of our family, with our Belarussian Prince, Guatemalan Princessa and Ukrainian Princesses!


Saturday, March 27, 2010

It is Saturday!

We found a really cool kids store not too far from the orphanage
These slippers were a bahgain! 19 hua or $2
Here is what I bought! a really nice stroller for about $120
cheeky little devil!
She told me she loves yoghurt and proceeded to hug and kiss it :)
They brought out this game set: bowling
Air hockey
Basketball
A little more bowling
Ended with soccer
I walked to the litle store and took this picture for you so you can see the milk and the fermented yoghurt!
Here they are side by side, milk on the left  and fermented yoghurt (kefir) on the right
Easy to see how people make a mistake.
The milk is Malako in Russian and you can see that it is 2.5%.
Isn't it funny to have milk come in a bag :)

Jodi and Rich made it in very early this am. I got to see them and hug them very quickly. They were eating breakfast and we were on our way out shopping.
I think we are all going to dinner tonight!

Weekends are always hard because you know nothing is happening on your adoption paperwork.
Tomorrow is Sunday so they will have the big bazaar outside again. Robin and I are taking Jodi shopping!!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I am so happy Jodi is there, too! Looking forward to hearing great news from you both this next week :)!!

Kristin Ferguson said...

Tell Jodi "hi" and I'm glad she made it back safely! Guess you guys will have to compete for Alexander now? :)

Kristin

Anonymous said...

Hi! I've been reading your blog since a couple of weeks. I want you to know that i'm praying for you and your family, so you can get your little girl home soon! I don't know you, but i can tell you'll be a great family!
Oh, by the way i'm from Argentina and our milk also comes in bags ;) There are also boxes , and some of them come in bottles too, but they are more expensive..

Patty said...

Dear Nancy,
I have also been following you for a couple of weeks. I found your blog while looking around RR. I want to thank you for allowing all of us to follow you on your journey. I am so happy for Sveta and your family. I will be praying that all the paper work comes together soon and you can head home to your husband and children. The other families that you have mentioned are in my prayers too. Thank you again for your generosity in showing us "Sveta's world."
Patty