Join us in the adventures of our family, with our Belarussian Prince, Guatemalan Princessa and Ukrainian Princesses!


Friday, March 19, 2010

A little adventure and a visit :)

My breakfast with the Stanleys:
This is porridge with bananas and it was delicious!!
Alexander came by at 9 to get my laundry. Turns out his mil could not do it so he found a laundromat near the orphanage to do it. So we searched and finally found it. They are washing everything except for what I have on for 30 hua, or about $4 :)
Since we were too early for the orphanage Alexander took me to the beach :
Please notice that the SUN is out!!! I kept telling Alexander how happy I was to see sun :)

These guys are looking for metal - I can't even imagine how cold the water is!
This picture is for danny :) Pirate restaurant
Also for Danny :)
When I got to the oprhanage I was SO happy to see this!!!!
She was brought out to the main room!!
She LOVES when I bring yoghurt!!

They do have tv and watch cartoons!
Some of the other kids playing
Close your eyes!
Oh Mama!! Thank you! (a Pink Bracelet)
Showing off her hair :)
Playing with a pink plastic ring
Reading time!!
That is the nurse on the right doing the girls hair one by one

Enthralled to be listening to a story!
Then they all got up to dance!
And the workers all danced!!
And then I noticed this sad face :)
How do you explain to a 6 year old that soon she will dance too!

Time for lunch! Soup, bread and hot thick juice!
This is the nurse feeding each child a hunk of raw onion!!!
I had to call Marina to see if this was a custom and it is NOT!
She has no idea why she would be doing this!! Yuck!

No tears today, I told her I loved her and would be back later :)

6 comments:

The Spicer Family said...

Thank you for doing such a great job on your blog! I feel like I'm right there with you!! Sveta is simply beautiful and I am so very glad her mommy is there and that she will soon have loads of smiles and dancing and FUN!!

Jill Spicer from RR

Jodi said...

Her groupa looks like they get treated well. How come their heads aren't shaved?? They only do that to certain ones? Younger ones perhaps...
Gerri looks so sweet today, I sure felt sorry for her when they were dancing...
Someday soon she will dance too.

Onions? must be trying to stave off some illness or something. Weird.

I can't believe you went to the beach! No fair.
It does look so much better there in the SUN! Probably saw it once in the whole month I was there.

Yet...the Floridian gets it.....

Bergsjourney said...

This is a great glance into their daily life - we never got to see this! We weren't allowed in the main rooms - just the two designated "visiting" areas and outside. When I ask Dylan what he ate there, he tells me candy and soup - I'll be curious if this is what you see them eating during your visits! Keep me posted as it may give us some insight to his eating/lack of eating habits. I'm surprised about the onion!
Deb

Kristin Ferguson said...

Great photos as usual...and great information for those of us about to embark on the same journey! Loved the beach picture--guess I'll throw a swimsuit in the suitcase....or are the beaches er, um, ahem, sans suits???

Can't wait to see her dancing someday. She's going to be an amazing little girl when she gets her "legs under her". :)

Kristin

Sarah said...

Are you sure you and I are in the same country? Your beach pics are beautiful! We do NEED to get together before we leave!! And onions...??? eeeewwww!

Tami said...

These are not the kids she was with in the summer...I believe she was moved to a different groupa. She DID look bigger than than those kids were...

So glad to see Sveta out of the sleeping room!