Join us in the adventures of our family, with our Belarussian Prince, Guatemalan Princessa and Ukrainian Princesses!


Monday, March 29, 2010

Great News!!!!!

Relaxing in the sun :)
While dropping off our laundry
 

I was SO very happy to hear that we would be allowed outside!!!!!
The chariot awaits the princess!

What is this shining in my eyes???

The babushka's doing spring cleaning

This is an empty swimming pool

More playground stuff

Eating her yoghurt while playing with a little one from her groupa

Once picked up I got to go on another Alexander adventure :)
I knew we weren't heading to the hotel and the area was vaguely familiar.
We ended up at the cake factory!! I can't even describe how wonderful the smells were!!!
Alexander's wife works here and we visited :)

She had made us homemade borscht and smetlana!! He needed to get the chicken to eat after it.
It was so yummy!!

So the good news is that the head Dr says the xray shows Sveta has completely healed!!! She said her hip is normal (not really normal, but I know what they mean).
BUT, they are not releasing her for sitting up till she hears back from the Dr in Kiev that did her surgery.

Then Marina says, oh but the GREAT news is that the adoption center has your interpol clearance!!!!!!!
Now we are waiting on the adoption center to release our court approval letter.
Nicolai is standing guard there to receive it. Once he has it the letter will be faxed to the court.
We are currently set for court on March 31st!! Don't know the time yet till they get our letter.
Please pray the paperwork all gets done in a timely manner so WE can get home!!!!!!!!
I just might have to have a big beer and chocolate for dinner!!!!!!!

11 comments:

Aimee said...

That is GREAT I really hope you get to go home, you are so brave to be there alone! I will keep my fingers crossed!

Natalie C. said...

PRAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Sanchez Family said...

WONDERFUL news! So fun to meet Alexander's wife too!!!

lynneg70 said...

Nancy,
Hang in there! You are SO CLOOOOOSE!
I know you want to get home.
You are so strong and I am hoping for a quick resolution.
I know your family misses you but hopefully the 5 of you will all be together VERY soon.
The picturs and stories you have shared are all wonderful and think of what a great gift they will be to Geri one day!
Lynne

Grace said...

Glad you guys are getting close to getting home.
Thanks for posting the picture. I will always love Naya no matter where she lives.

Blessings,
Grace

The Land Family said...

Great news!! I can't wait to hear when you get to come home!! We will be praying for you.

God Bless,
Amy Land

Sarah said...

yay yay yay!! I think you get the award for having the most fun during an adoption! haha...love it!

Tami said...

WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!!!!

You and Sveta will be home before you know it!

Jo's Corner said...

Hi Nan ~ I just want to check and see if you are able to help another new Mommy who arrived there last night? You may already follow her Blog, but here is her blog address..
http://www.nogreaterjoymom.com/
Her name is Adeye and she is there without her husband. She's kind of having a tough time and I though that you could give her the "scoop" on things like shopping, food, banks, etc.! You have done an AWESOME job of updating your experience and she could use some of your knowledge! : )
I hope that things start happening for you and court! I know you must really miss your hubby and your babies back at home! Give Gerri a kiss on the cheek from an admiring "Auntie" in Minnesota! Take care, My Friend! Hugs ~ JO

Sally-Girl! said...

HOme for Easter!!!! Yippeee!!!

I love your spirit and how you are so easy going with all the adoption craziness! A big beer and you are good to go!!! love ya!!!

Maria and Family said...

You are so close !! I love following your journey you are so funny ;) I see sweet naya, nice to see she is doing well. Looks like the stroller was a hit too :)