Join us in the adventures of our family, with our Belarussian Prince, Guatemalan Princessa and Ukrainian Princesses!


Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sunday Morning Shopping :)

Logan, Robin and I went for a walk at the Bazaar that they have here every Sunday.
Anything you want you can buy here! And they expect you to negotiate :)
They love all different kinds of seeds
Logan decided these apples looked good and he wanted to try some :)
Everyone is getting ready for spring, lots of seed packets and onion bulbs for sale
We could have easily walked for hours and not seen it all.
Don't know why this is sideways - it is a college right near the hotel
Here is one way to sell doors :)
I don't know what this building is, but when I see it I know we are close to the hotel
A peek between the buidlings to a river and train tracks
Typical apartment building
The small river near us
More apartment building near our hotel
Here is a pharmacy - the green cross is the symbol
Not sure the store, but see the hours posted (in 24 hour format)
Just about every store has the hours posted and are open 7 days

Here is a bakery - yummy!
I found a market with Pepsi light!!!!!!
and my Ritz like crackers:)

I bought these at the bazaar - one for each kid
All for $2

Here is Sveta's with English
Here is our favorite cafe:
A typical kiosk that sells just about everything
Logan showing off his chicken kiev, sausage and chocolate cake :)
I tried something new, it was chicken pounded flat with an egg batter and cheese on top!
It was delicious!

Got to speak to Dan and the kids for a bit :) He had to tell me it was 75 and sunny and they had all the windows and doors open :) stinker!!
I asked if they had seen the online video from yesterday and he said the kids watched 4 or 5 times yesterday!! Each time they watched it they talked to her on  the screen and he would have to tell them it was a video and she couldn't hear them :) :)
I am off to get ready for my next visit with my sweet Sveta.
I have to dig into my bag of $1 goodies :) gotta space them out so they last till we get home!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Looks like a FUN day shopping! I really miss that too. It was great to not have anything else to do in a day except visit your child and shop and eat....Ukraine was gooood.

Cindy said...

I LOVED the video - took it a while to load here - boy we take a lot for granted huh?? Like speey internet!! But that video was just precious!!! Looks like we had the same dinner - had a pounded chicken breast batter and topped w/ tomoatos, bacon and about the best cheese I ever ate - and one cold large Stella - 1 dollar!!!! Delicious - just what the dr. ordered. Will call you tomorrow after appt.!!!!