Join us in the adventures of our family, with our Belarussian Prince, Guatemalan Princessa and Ukrainian Princesses!


Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Last visit as an Orphan!!

This morning I got a call from Alexander asking me to come out early. He needed to do a 10 minute errand. I asked if it was an Alexander 10 minutes or a Nancy 10 minutes and he just laughed.
We went to this huge outdoor market! They sold anything you could imagine!!!

This is the entrance :)
He was able to buy one of the two things he needed. And we were only 20 minutes late to the orphanage :)

When I got there missy was the only child in the groupa and she was sobbing! I dropped all my stuff and picked her up and just rocked with her. It took her about 10 minutes to calm down. I still have no idea what was going on or why she was so upset.
They then told me we could go outside!!
We walked all over, talked to other families.
Gerri Sveta actually shared her yoghurt!!!
She threw a really big tantrum soon after. I told her no and that mama didn't like her behaviour. She got madder and tried to walk out of the stroller. So we had to go in :(
I kept thinking this is our last visit here!!
After tomorrow morning Ms Gerri Sveta will NO LONGER be an orphan!!!!

2 comments:

Sally-Girl! said...

Love your question about the ten minutes, sounds like to me it was his idea of ten minutes on this errand!!!

So happy that she gets to go outside even if a tantrum did happen! Her little world is upside down right now as is yours!! You handle it so well though!

Jo's Corner said...

I hope she is feeling better for your evening visit. I felt so bad for her when you said she was sobbing. I'm just glad that you were able to hold and rock her. She must be as anxious as you are to be out of that orphanage! Looks like there may be a few "struggles" with her learning about receiving loving discipline and direction. I'll be Praying for BOTH of you. Take care ~ Jo