Join us in the adventures of our family, with our Belarussian Prince, Guatemalan Princessa and Ukrainian Princesses!


Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Huge Breakthrough!!!

I was really debating about going back to visit this afternoon, I was tired and feeling homesick. I finally decide I needed to go for Sveta, and just suck it up! In adoption language "fake it till you make it"
Here is where she LIVES 100% of the time:
She had already had snack but was SO happy I brought yoghurt!!
I asked her to close her eyes cause I had a present:
I gave her a Hello K*tty ring and necklace - oh man was she excited!!!!
She had to show everyone that came into the room:
I told her Victoria had one too and she was very happy!!!

Here she is with some gum :)
She did not know what to do with it, but sucked on it till the hard shell dissolved and then starting chewing it and told me she really liked it!!

This afternoon she wanted to spend the whole visit on my lap!! I sat in the chair next to her bed and she kept climbing right up into my lap! We looked out the window, went over her pictures again, wrote a bit in my notebook, sang abc's and had a really good visit.
The other kids in her groupa kept running up to the door and peeking in and she would shake her fist at them and yell that she was with her mama and to go away! It was SO cute!!
I felt bad because we could hear the other kids playing together, running around and singing and she was in the bedroom and not allowed to participate :( How does a 6 year old understand that! and for 7 months!

She LOVED being in my arms and kept telling me she was mama's sveta :) I told her her new name in America and she said ok! I rocked her and we just talked and sang. Every once in a while she would ask me something I would have NO idea what she was saying and would say I don't know. She would then ask faster and louder :) and I would say mama still doesn't know :)

When it came time to go I stood up and started packing everything up.  I was telling her I would see her in the morning, that I loved her and to be good till then when I heard her talking to me. When I turned around she was sobbing!! Big full body sobs! Mama please don't leave. Please stay with me. I dropped everything and sat on the bed and she asked me to hold her!! oh my gosh!
She looked like such a little girl, no big girl full of confidence like usual.
I rocked her and told her Mama will come back tomorrow.
That as soon as we have court she will be with mama and papa forever!
One of the caretakers saw what was going on and came in. She tried to tell her that I would be back after she ate and slept. It just about ripped my heart out!
I was SO happy I had come and feeling so guilty that I was in my own head. Her entire life is about to change! She finally stopped sobbing, told me she loved me, gave me a hug and kiss and said tomorrow!
Oh gosh! I cried the whole way to the market and the taxi!!
My whole attitude completely changed!
This is why we do this! For Love! Sveta deserves it!!

15 comments:

Jodi said...

Total goosebumps here!

Seriously, that was very touching. I think you guys bonded as mother and daughter today.

The Land Family said...

I would have reacted just like you. I would cry.

Thanks for sharing!
God Bless,
Amy Land
http://www.justlovecoffee.com/landfamily

Lisa said...

Okay, now I am sobbing. I am so happy for Sveta, and for you. You both deserve all the happiness in the world :)!!

Tami said...

Oh, girl...now you've got me in tears! Poor baby...poor mama! Soon you will have her forever!

Love and hugs!

Molly said...

I'm so glad she felt comfortable enough to let her guard down!

Tina said...

Thanks for the post! I was selfishly allowing myself to become very discouraged about our own adoption today - thanks for the reminder of why this is so important!

JTHTL

Kisha said...

Well between you and Jodi, today I have just been entirely to emotional. She's beautiful, and your journey with her is beautiful. Definitely blessings all around.

Sheila said...

Nancy, this time I had tears in my eyes. It makes me want to run out and get a child of my own. You are truly blessed. Keep up the good work and your spirits. It will be over before you know it and you will both be home. Hope this works cuz ive never blogged before.

MoonDog said...

WOW! how precious! I am so glad you are not going home for ten day. Sophie was crying her little heart out big crocodile tears one day when we left her and it was awful to think that we had to leave her for 10 days! she is going to make such a wonderful duaghter for you! You are so lucky!

Missy said...

Wow, you will remember this day forever!!

A question for you: why does she have to stay in bed all of the time? Does she EVER get to go out and play?

Mary Ellen said...

You are such a great Mother! I'm sure sveta is happy to have you with her whenever she can. Hopefully you will both be home soon.

Adeye said...

Oh wow--what an absolutely beautiful post!!!! I am THRILLED for you. Wow, she sure is SUCH a pretty little girl (who obviously just adores her mama :) )

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog for a while but I haven't ever left a comment. It sounds like Sveta is becoming more attached to you with each visit. Why does she have to stay in bed all the time? If she has to lay flat all the time is this going to cause problems for the journey home? I hope the rest of your time in-country goes well and you can bring her home quickly!

Cristina

Alyson and Ford said...

She is your little girl; great attachment and so glad she wants your to hug and love her!

Alyzabeth's Mommy

The Sanchez Family said...

Tears are flowing over here too. Oh bless you Nancy for loving her and sacrificing so much to adopt her. You are my hero!