Join us in the adventures of our family, with our Belarussian Prince, Guatemalan Princessa and Ukrainian Princesses!


Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Good News and Bad News

Dinner last night was excellent! We tried an italian restaurant that was recommended to us by the hotel receptionist. It was called Bellini's.
Here is my spaghetti bolognese - yummy!!

Here are my buds Robin and Logan :)
Here is Jim and I  - the brother I never wanted
I just don't know if a rams and a patriots fan can ever be friends.
We bicker like we have known each other a long time.
All I can say is he is a sore loser :)

This is the sign to the potty :)
Yes, it caused lots of laughs

We did go back to their room for an intense game of Uno, lots of fun :)
All I wil say is I didn't win, but I didn't lose either.

Here is Ms Thing eating her yoghurt today. You will notice the eye roll!? I asked her to smile :)
I did not see the nurse and her fever seems to be back. I don't know if only the nurse can give her medicine, but hopefully she will be 100% soon.

Here is a picture of the bookcase full of toys:
I haven't seen the kids playing with them, but they look well used.
The weather has been getting nicer and the kids are being let our more each day.

Here is the daily menu posted on the groupa wall
I am not sure - but I think this is the caretaker schedule?
Missy showing off her bling!
She got another ring today
Giving kisses :)
Yes I am looking a bit stressed :(

The good news is that as of today the courts have reopened in our region!!
The bad news is that we will NOT be having court tomorrow!! It is a paperwork issue not of our making or our team. We have an appoval form sitting on a desk that needs to get to the adoption center so they can release our court approval paperwork. Our understanding is that it is a political issue and I don't want to be too specific. We have done all we can here, even enlisting the aid of the US Emb*ssy.
We hope to have a resolution soon, but I can't say when.
If this problem goes on into next week I may have to make the very hard decision to head home and then come back later. I don't want to do that, but can't wait indefinately.
I knew a bit of what was going on when I talked to hubby earlier so he knows. We are not going to tell the kids. When they ask me when I will be home I just keep saying "in a week". Both of them keep asking me to come home now, especially the 3 year old. I hate hearing her cry and beg me to come home :(
Sveta keeps asking when we are going, when will she see papa and danny and victoria.
Sometimes it just stinks! I am homesick and do not like being helpless.
Please pray that we get our form soon so we can have court!
Besides I only have so much bling on me :) :)

11 comments:

Natalie C. said...

sending you lots of hugs and prayers

MoonDog said...

thinking of you as always. hoping for the best. Jodi just posted she got a court date so maybe yours is in the works??

Jodi said...

Holy Cr*p. So we could come back over there for court and STILL not get it????????????????????????????

We DEFINETLY cannot afford a third trip, they would just have to air mail him home!

ps
LOVE the eye roll!

Jane Michaud said...

Oh Nancy...I WILL PRAY HARDER AND MORE OFTEN!!!

Wishing you strength and better news in the days ahead. And definitely praying you return next week WITH Sveta!

HUGS, PRAYERS, and MORE HUGS & PRAYERS!

Diana said...

Oh, my! That potty sign is SO HILARIOUS!!! Love it!

As for the rest, I'm pulling my hair out right along with you. There's only one thing for sure in that part of the world...and that is it will be unpredictable and there's not a darn thing you can do about it. Hang in there! At least you are in an area with other Americans who speak English, have internet access, and have a wide array of dining options. We had all the craziness and unpredictability but none of the stuff to keep us sane. Keep bringing out the Stanleys. :-)

Webb Family said...

From brother Jim,

Sore loser-Uno Score - Jim 272, Nancy 476. Who's a loser now?

Tami said...

And I should hurry up, why...?

Kristin Ferguson said...

Maybe you should send some of that bling up to the lady at Interpol. :) We're still praying that things resolve quickly and that you won't have to make that tough decision about staying or going!

I also love the eye roll--I told you she was a teenager in a little body! ha ha

Kristin

ZoyasBlog said...

Oh man, Nancy this is yucky news! I want you to sail right back this direction on a silver bird and bring that sweet eye rolling teenager in the making back home with you!!! As I am sure you want too. But like I told Sarah, God has a plan, it just never looks like our plan...and who knows how He is using us even when we can't see it. Praying for an outcome soon that will keep everyone happy, especially Sveta who will have a terrible time with a lengthy departure plan without her. I know this is hard for you and I am praying for the best and most plausible solution. sending you hugs, cathy
ps yes I am signing yours and shelly's blog today with Zoya's blog addy as it is easier than signing in and out in the next two minutes....so it is me, cathy = marina:)

Adeye said...

Oh my goodness, you must feel soooooo helpless. Trusting with you that it ALL gets sorted out really soon! Gosh, it sure does make me nervous about all the things that can possibly go wrong for me too :(

The Sanchez Family said...

Oh gosh Nancy...there are so many families right in line behind you. Surely they have to open these adoptions up and let them go through. None of this makes sense. WHY?!?!? Oh gosh, I'm praying that ALL of us can get through this process smoothly and quickly. PRAYING!!!!