Join us in the adventures of our family, with our Belarussian Prince, Guatemalan Princessa and Ukrainian Princesses!


Friday, March 26, 2010

One Wild Adventure!!

This morning was the 4 hour xray adventure!
The bank next to the hotel did not have enough money to change my $100!! Crazy!
So Alexander the awesome went to his bank and took money out of his account and changed my $100 for me!!! What a sweetie!!!

When I got to the groupa they were having an art lesson. Here is what they were supposed to recreate!
Don't know why this is sideways! But here is everyone hard at work
Getting a little help with some details
Working oh so diligently
She did a great job!!
Of course, some scissors and paper!!
I was there when I was told to be 9:30! then was told they weren't going till 10:30!
Here is snack, hot tea and animal crackers
They handed baby food to me and told me to feed her, I have NO idea why. But she ate it all.
After they ate snack they cleaned up and went outside!!
I ran in and smapped some pics of their bathroom!
The little potties are numbered, each child has a number
Here are their towels!
After I left the room I realized I did not see any toothbrushes!!
I went back in and checked and none visible!

Here is the groupa heading out to the playground

Here is Sveta getting ready to go outside!!!!
Not too excited!!
Here we are outside! I kept saying look Sveta the sun!!!! I don't think she has been outside since she saw the Dr in Kiev in January.
I love this picture! Another family took it for us.
I am using my sling, but she was complete dead weight!! She was so scared of being carried around!
She had a death grip on me and then kept trying to climb up me! Her legs hung straight down she has no idea how to wrap them around me.

Here is our mode of transportation!
We rode in the front with a driver and a caretaker
In the back were 3 more caretakers and 3 very small little ones

Here is the hospital!
I managed to snap this pic while the tech was checking the xray.
They let me stay with her and hold her hand, while wearing a lead apron.
Sveta had just left the room to go potty :)
So would you like to know how much it cost to have this xray done at a private hospital!!!!!
15 hua, about $2!!!!!

We walked all over this place. Went into many different parts. Got lost MANY times! Saw several different people. Left with the xray and a radiologist report.
We do not know the results yet. The head dr at the orphanage wanted to see everything and then the Dr in Kiev who did the surgery also wanted to weigh in. Hopefully we will know soon!
Here we are back in the ambulance to head back to the orphanage.
We had to wait for the other ladies to come out so I pulled out a snack:
She loved them!!!
When we got back to the orphanage it was past lunch time and was nap time. The other workers grabbed her from me and quickly undressed her and put her to bed! When I was leaving they told me see you tomorrow! I guess I used up all my visit time for the day :)
She was such a trouper!!

When I came outside my buddies were here visiting their little one so I snapped a pic:

We decided to walk up the street to find a new place to eat. My BBFF Robin was feeling better.
We found this park!
Thought how cool was this place!!!
Here is the inside!!! so cool! like a real train!
This window played a movie that was just like the scenery passing by a train window :)
Appetizers!! Cheese sticks!
My incredible pork shish ka bobs, rice and veggies!!!!
Logan really enjoying his banana split!
Of course Jim had to get in on it!!
They have this special booth just for pictures!!!

We did not get any news on our paperwork!
We have been told Monday will hopefully be the day! :)

4 comments:

Kerry Shealy said...

She is so cute!
If this helps...spread the wrap wide over her bottom so it supports her legs out to the side rather than straight down. This may help her wrap her legs around you more. Make sure the wrap is spread wide across your back to provide the best support for you, and then it may not feel as much like dead weight. I hope that helps!
Kerry

Tami said...

Looks like you had some day!

...baby food? Oy! Bet you can't wait to get her out of there!

Got the letter...it is wrong, and must be done again. UGH!

Kristin Ferguson said...

What a busy day! Glad you were able to go with her to the hospital. It is great she gets to be with Mommy from now on for Dr. appts., etc.

I love baby food! Used to eat it even as a teenager. :)

Kristin

Adeye said...

Those pics of the hospital outing are absolutely precious :) What a happy little girl!

Oh I am soooooo praying that you get good news SOON!!!!! The wait must be so hard.