Join us in the adventures of our family, with our Belarussian Prince, Guatemalan Princessa and Ukrainian Princesses!


Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I Made It!!!

Bye Bye Munich!!


Need to buckle up now!

this is what lufthansa served, I guess it was dinner at 3:30??
But the wine was free!!

Once I arrived in country I had to go through passport and customs. I had an issue with the amount of money I carried on me so unless I wanted them to hold the extra I had to hookup with another passenger!! (don't tell hubby :)) Luckily I found a really nice frenchman who was willing to let me walk out through customs with him!
What a silly thing to do! Customs only allows 10,000 euro's to enter the country per person.
Nikolai was waiting for me when I finally got outside. he speaks a little english, russian and spanish. So we alternated between the 3 languages!! He thought it was amazing that we had one child from Belarus and one child from Guatemala already :)
He took me to exchange money and do a little shopping and then to my apartment!!
Here is my quickie shopping:
Yes shelly - that is coke light :) on the top shelf is a cheese foccacio and some bread. I was hoping the Stella beer will help me sleep :)

Pictures of my awesome 15th floor apartment!!!


The stove is gas so I am very happy I remembered the packs of matches!!

Does this look comfy or what!!

no that is not my laundry :)

The night skyline!!

How cool that the apartment has an internet connection!!
Time to update everyone!

I talked to both Serge and Yulia and I am going to meet up with them tomorrow :) :)

14 comments:

Jodi said...

YaY~ you made it!!
You're apartment is FAR nicer than ours was, but ours was probably cheaper, you know Rich.
I want to be there SO badly. I am trying to talk Rich into having me fly over now and he can come when we get the date....
Did you meet Yuri? He is SO nice!

Grace said...

Glad you made it! Is your SDA appointment tomorrow? When do you meet your sweetie?

Kristin Ferguson said...

Yippee!! You're there! Make sure you send those of us who will be following in your footsteps ALL of the information on your apartments, etc. because it looks like you're off to a good start! :)

Kristin

Diana said...

That's a pretty nice pad! Ours was an 80's flashback. Are you staying downtown or out in the residential area? We did both. Dowtown starting out, out in the burbs coming back. The burbs were way nicer and quieter, but it took an hour to get anywhere.

Oh, customs!! What a JOKE!! My hubs nearly didn't get through either. Not because of $, but because he didn't have the SDA addresss on his customs declaration. WHAT?? Yah. It was crazy! We ended up (and it ultimately turned out to be a darn good thing) being the VERY last people through customs and to claim our luggage. Our facilitators were there waiting for us, but were definatley wondering where we were!

Cindy said...

I know you're sleeping away right now - I'm just home from lunch!! Enjoyed "chatting"!! Just so happy you're there safe and sound -your batchelorette pad is great!!! Hope I'm 1/2 as lucky w/ my pad!!! You're doing a fabulous job keeping us all dated and LOVING all the pics!!! Home tomorrow finds you rested and enjoying the date before your big date Thurs!!! HUGS! C

MoonDog said...

I SO want to stay THERE when we go!!! We never had intenert

Tami said...

What a day, huh? Glad you made it ok! So, you declared your cash? Your apt looks nice, hope you and the Stanleys get some sleep! Have fun exploring tomorrow and keep those updates coming, we love them!

Love and Hugs

Kelly said...

Hooray! :) Can't wait to hear more about her!

Your apartment looks so nice!

Charissa said...

I'll be living vicariously through you!

Sarah said...

wahooo! I'm so excited for you! a little worried about the money thing but glad you figured it out! Can't wait to hear more!! We leave in 2 and a half days!!

Sally-Girl! said...

Okay your apt looks great, maybe we will be staying in it sometime shortly too. You always seem to pave the way for us!!!

How much fun for you!!!!

Hugs from California!!!

babyarnie said...

Oh I am reliving all this with you! Can't wait to see you meet your princess. She is a doll!

Tell Serge and Yulia the Evans family with Laurel says hi (if they remember) :)

Mary Ellen said...

Hey Kiddo,

Glad you have landed at your destination safely. I'm sure when you see Geri you will be up in the air again with excitement.

Love the Flat Family! Thanks for the updates.
Hugs & Mush,
ME

Natalie C. said...

what a nice apartment