Join us in the adventures of our family, with our Belarussian Prince, Guatemalan Princessa and Ukrainian Princesses!


Tuesday, March 2, 2010

getting it together!

Our project for the day:
I printed off Flat Stanley and we had a ball!
AS you can see Victoria went for the single color effect:

Danny went for the multi-colored effect:
and very proudly :)

Then we wrote our names on them :
I packed my flat stanley in the kids bag so "I" can travel with them.
Then I packed their Flat Stanley's in my bag so "they" can travel with me. :)
Danny did make one for Dan all by himself and I have that too!
Dan and the kids are all packed and ready to go EARLY on Saturday morning.
They have all their stuff in one big rolling suitcase.
I did a dry run with my stuff and need to pare it down some. I think Gerri Sveta has more stuff in the bag than I do :) I will wait till they are gone before really going at it. I don't want the kids to focus on it too much.

4 comments:

Kristin Ferguson said...

What a great idea to take Flat Stanleys with you. Great learning opportunities for the kids too. Glad to hear you've got the family packed and ready to go. One more thing off your list!!!

Kristin

Diana said...

We took our own version - "Flat Fred" with us. We had a ball with him in Kyiv...and then the stress level shot through the roof and he didn't come out again until just before we came home. We took WAY too much stuff with us and still had to buy another suitcase in region to get all the souveniers home. So did our facilitator.

You are a brave woman to go solo! I will be forever grateful to my husband's boss at the time who very literally and very seriously told him that he'd be fired if he left me alone in a foreign country. Even though it was crazy and quite traumatic for her, I'm still glad we took our daughter with us as well. She's still glad, too.

Happy prepping!

Jodi said...

Ok, what the heck is Flat Stanley? I'm out of the loop here....

orphans4me said...

Excited for you! Happy scrambling to get everything done.
Joy